Τετάρτη 26 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012


5 FREAKIN' STARS- EARNED A PLACE IN MY HEART!

 
 

Wow. How can I write a review after reading this book? I can't find the words to describe it. But I'll give it a try.

Okay. This book caught my eye six months ago when I first saw its cover. THIS COVER I loved it. And the title. THIS TITLE It took my heart away. I had a feeling about this book. I was certain as I fell in love with the cover I would fall in love with the content. I guessed correctly.

I felt myself blessed when "We love YA BOOKS!" send me an email and informed about the ARR of Lacrimosa. I immediately signed up, I wouldn't lose my chance. So, thanks so much for sending me this copy. T

Then I start reading.

I must put everything into order though; I'll start from the writing and the characters.

THE WRITING: Breathtaking. This is the right word. We have a fast-paced novel, simple sentences with correct punctuation. It was the ideal way of making me nervous about the next pages. What is more, this book didn't have many descriptions of places, moments,thoughts etc. which I really liked it. I'm not the person who loves complicated and long descriptions. All in all, the writing was clear, justified, simple and as I sad before BREATHTAKING

THE CHARACTERS: Completed. Emotional. Written and formed with compassion and love. Christine Fonseca created angels with emotions , feelings and passion. Nesayiel and Aydan were conflicted about their duty and about their feeling for each other. Zane and Cass , are true friends and believe in Nesayiel's choices. Azza's a cunning and cruel master, but behind all these I think he had been through a lot. Mikayel suffered from the loss of his lover. Every angel have to deal with human feelings whether they like it or not and that's the reason I felt so familiar with them and shared their dilemmas.

Ok, let's continue.

THE ATMOSPHERE : Charged with feelings. Emotional. Depressing and desperate. From the beggining 'till the end I felt that there's was no coming back. Whatever happens and will happen won't change. I felt drawn to Aydan's and Nesayiel's inner world. I acked ith them, cried with them, got angry with them. For three days, as long as I was reading this book, I was living in their world.

THE PLOT : Simple but full of surprises. Fonsenca has this ability to create a basic story full of action and suspence and in the end wih new surprises. Basically, I loved the action and I was caught off guard countless times. Everything is about Nesayiel's and Aydan's love but that doesn't mean we don't have flashblacks or other stories. And by the way, the flashblacks were what the reader needed to understand their past (meaninf Nesayiel's and Aydan's ) and their present.

MY THOUGHTS : Εxcept of the former, I have to say the most captivating thing about this book, was the strong writing ability of Fonseca. Pictures, voices and feelings crashed my soul and my head as I reading it and I mean it. Sometimes, I wanted to crash my laptop! I was shouting and crying and felt nervous all the freaking time. This book's style is my favorite, I adored it! Christine Fonseca I love you!!!! Keep writing I need more work from you!!! You are seriously one of my favorite authors of YA , keep it up!

I strongly recommend it. I can't say anything else, I'm out of words.

P.S: Zane's in love with her, I knew it all the time. I want to see them together in the sequel! Give me a scene when they're kissing!


2 σχόλια: